[postgis-devel] Preparation for 1.3.2 release #2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 15:02:06 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 09:41 +1100, Mark Leslie wrote:

> Are we still only concerned with circular curves?  If so, they require
> an odd number of points greater than three.  Each circular segment is
> defined by three points, sharing only the last one with the previous
> segment.

Hi Mark,

If you review the commit here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2007-November/000191.html you can see the changes. The part I found confusing was how for some of the curve types with sub-geometries, the parse_wkb() function was called recursively. Now from the examples in the HTML documentation, I could see that not all of the constituent parts of the new curve types had the constraints you mentioned above - hence the check is a little bit "loose" at the moment.

If you can confirm that the WKT and WKB parsers are working as expected
for the curve types that would be appreciated; however the new release
is pretty much ready to go...

ATB,

Mark.

--