[postgis-devel] Is it possible to get rid of platform specific lwpostgis.sql files?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 03:34:50 PDT 2007

> Red Hat has an "application stack" product that supports PG-pretty-recent
> (8.1.9 at this moment) on RHEL4.  But the base RHEL4 product is not
> going to allow any major version updates ...

Oh sure. I appreciate that no major versions updates can take place for
RHEL4. My question was more that if we told someone using RHEL4 to
upgrade to PostgreSQL 8.0+ in order to use some new PostGIS
functionality, and there was a problem that required contacting RedHat
support, would someone there turn around and say "Sorry - we're not
going to help you at all because you're not using PostgreSQL 7.4"? (i.e.
would the PostgreSQL upgrade void the support warranty?)

ATB,

Mark.

--
ILande - Open Source Consultancy