[postgis-devel] Issue 34 in postgis: .prj creation by pgsql2shp

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Dec 3 10:46:17 PST 2008

Updates:
	Owner: robe.... at cityofboston.gov

Comment #6 on issue 34 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: .prj creation by
pgsql2shp
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=34

Attached is my revised patch.  For now I am just outputting proj file if it
can be
output.  I also took some of your recommendations - e.g. I think fixing
buffer
overflow possibility and Kevin's checking geometry_columns first to save
time.

Though I have to admit my SQL you may find unconventional and you may
disapprove, but
does seem to short-circuit correctly with a 1,000,000 record table set I
tried.
Check it out.

It was the only way I could think of checking without doing 2 separate
database calls
which I hated the thought of more.  Also I'm not escaping the table and
column names
-- how do you do that in C? What do we do in cases where there are null
geometries --
I'm just taking the first srid if it has null and one srid.  Actually I'm
not even
sure pgsql2shp handles that correctly now since I think I have had weird
row shifts
when outputting nulls in the past.

Also now I am checking the geometry_columns table -- hmm getting the schema
right is
now somewhat important.  So I would like use the table visible thing and
just pull
the schema from pg when its not given.

Attachments:
	pgsql2shp081203.patch  5.3 KB