[postgis-devel] Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER in 8.3.5 on GIST indexes loses all rows

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Dec 5 12:15:06 PST 2008

FYI, this is not limited to PostGIS GIST, it appears to be all GIST
(gid is an integer column and I have loaded btree_gist):

pramsey=# create table ttt as select * from counties;
SELECT
pramsey=# create index gid_bix on ttt using gist (gid);
CREATE INDEX
pramsey=# select count(*) from ttt;
 count
-------
  3141
(1 row)

pramsey=# cluster ttt using gid_bix;
CLUSTER
pramsey=# select count(*) from ttt;
 count
-------
     0
(1 row)

pramsey=# select version();
                                                           version
 PostgreSQL 8.3.5 on i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, compiled by GCC
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)
(1 row)