[postgis-devel] two questions about UsersWikiWinCompile

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sun Jan 10 09:09:16 PST 2010

You are right Regina. It works for me too both with and without "./" . Little strange, I am sure it didn't work a while ago, but probably I was just doing it wrong. Result: I will not change anything :-) /Nicklas

2010-01-09 Paragon Corporation wrote:

>Yah I set the prefix to a different location so can test different versions of libxml.  Since its statically compiled into the postgis-1.5.dll anyway, it doesn't need to go into postgres folder.> >./configure works fine for me under MingW though.  It doesn't work for you.  I think both configure and ./configure work fine for me so I'm indifferent if you want to change it.> >Thanks,>Regina

 Ok, I think I maybe see the answer to the first question myself. > >It was a new approach to it in version 113 of the document. I guess it works just as good.> >/Nicklas

>2010-01-09 Nicklas Avén wrote:

I was just trying to compile libxml to be able to test 1.5 aginst 8.3.> >

Then in UsersWikiWinCompile is it really right the line :> >
./configure --prefix=/c/thesrc/libxml/libxml2-2.7.6release --disable-shared CCFLAGS=LDFLAGS="-Wl,-static" CFLAGS=-O2

shouldn't libxml be installed in the postgresinstallation?> >
and if so, should --prefix point to bin-folder or ?> >
next question> >
why are we writing ./configure everywhere. Yes, I know, probably I started it, but to me it douesn't work in MinGW. I have to write just configure without "./"> >

Just wanted to check before I do any changes> >

/Nicklas