[postgis-devel] Proposal to drop support for PostgreSQL 8.3 in PostGIS 2.0

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu Oct 14 17:51:10 PDT 2010

  I don't have strong opinion either way.  Permitting windowing-function
development would be a plus.  Easier to test/package is nice.  But I
also see the value of trying to keep the minimum version for the largest
user base.  I guess you're against having a bunch of conditional #if
#endif wrappers around new 8.4+ functions ... that gets to be a mess too.

I'd be fine if we went ahead with it.
-- Kevin