[postgis-devel] Adding support for GML 3.2.1 (ISO 19136)

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Wed Sep 15 02:20:14 PDT 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Peter Hopfgartner wrote:

Hi Peter,

> The european INSPIRE initiative mandates GML 3.2.1, which should be
> identical to ISO 19136, as the correct version for data exchange.
>
> What would it mean to adapt the current PostGIS GML 3.1 export to
> GML 3.2.1?
>
> I had a look at http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=26765
> .
>
> An issue might be that gml:id is mandatory. Then there are small
> corrections to the XML Schema all over the place

Thanks for this input :)

To begin, PostGIS 'only' handle geometry part of GML. and not the
whole GML document.

So most of the changes here seems not really PostGIS care but rather
the WFS engine who deal
with it (GeoServer, TinyOWS...)

For now ST_GeomFromGML is already able to handle GML 3.2 namespace if
present
in the GML geometry fragment.

> and collection types have been deprecated.

Humm what do you mean there ?
For information, we handle SFS GeometryCollection as GML MultiGeometry
for now

Did you seen any geometry change in GML schema beetween 3.1.1 and
3.2.1 ?

--
Olivier