[postgis-devel] Caching Double-based Boxes

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sat Nov 26 12:44:16 PST 2011

Hi All-

  I have devised a second set of tests, based on the first run and
some suggestions.
There are three sets of results for each of the source builds, float
bbox and double bbox.
The condensed records are here:

    http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/postgis_dbl_boxes_test_results22.csv

Notes:

* there is one test result in one run that was lost..

* I have not analyzed these numbers.. I expect people will want to do
that for themselves.
Barring an undiscovered problem in the setup, there are very large
differences in run times
for the double-boxes branch, but almost entirely consistant run times
for the float-trunk
branch.

* The third run in each case was after a database restart, in order,
from top to bottom.
The isolated numbers in the columns are 'cold' bbox hits.. much much
larger than
running them a second time, so I noted them as an aside

best regards from San Francisco, California

Brian Hamlin
GeoCal
OSGeo California Chapter
415-717-4462 cell