[postgis-devel] repository hosting

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 20 01:03:59 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 08:04:38AM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Note that even this workflow isn't required for git. Most projects will
> happily accept patchsets sent to the -devel list using "git send-email
> <commit-id>" which bundles up each commit in a specially formatted email
> that can be applied by a committer locally using "git am" and then
> pushed to the upstream repository. The record of the original committer
> is handled via SoB tags or within the commit message as appropriate.

Excellent point, Mark!

But I see -devel currently rejects mails from non subscribed, and
owners of the list are not notified.

The -tickets mailing list puts them on hold instead, so it should
be possible to post there even sensitive data.

Maybe we should try that (posting patches to -tickets), and if we like
it, advertise it. Mark, if you want to "git send-email" we can try
that workflow. Maybe a patch for the CONTRIBUTING file  ? :)

--strk;