[postgis-devel] Vote to bump minimum GEOS from 3.3 to 3.5 -PostGIS 2.4.0

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Aug 22 08:12:51 PDT 2017

"Brian M Hamlin" <maplabs at light42.com> writes:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:23:14 -0400, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
>> ..  the apparent compat  issues from 3.5 to 3.6
>
>   the "incompatability" is a single parameter in the non-stable API.
>
>   A (stale) patch to osm2pgsql may be found here:
>
>    https://github.com/darkblue-b/osm2pgsql/tree/geos36
>
> -Brian

Thanks.  As I understand it, the latest release of osm2pgsql has no
issues.

My point was that I believed that updating geos to 3.6 while having
osm2pgsql at the latest formal release would have led to a build
failure.  From the packaging viewpoint, I very much want to stick to
formal releases.  Hence I avoided the upgrade.  But happily that's all
history now,