[postgis-devel] RFC6 - Drop GEOS C++ API at GEOS 3.8

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 6 13:41:39 PDT 2017

Thanks Paul.  I wasn't blaming osm2pgsql so much as just seeing this as a case study of a pattern of use that is a problem that must be more elevated.

For the real drop I decided to settle for a softer motion this time around.

Come 3.8 or 4.0, I'm going to repush for strk's proposition to throw an error unless the developer explicitly buys into the C++ API use.

For now as Bas mentioned I think things like GRASS may have a dependency on the GEOS C++ API they may not know about.

I want to see how many people notice the warning message we are going to put in and start ticketing those on projects as a problem :)

Thanks,
Regina