[postgis-devel] 2.4.0beta1 build error against PostgreSQL 10 beta 4

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Sep 4 11:24:27 PDT 2017

Vicky,

Interesting indeed.

I haven't double-checked compiling against my tar ball to make sure it wasn't my screw-up in packaging.

Looking at it though, I don't see a gserialized_gist.c file in the tar ball, so the complaint about gserialized_gist.c file in Devrim's note is indeed suspicious.

> In file included from gserialized_gist.c:17:0:

> ../postgis_config.h:150:31: error: invalid suffix "PostgreSQL" on integer constant

>  #define POSTGIS_PGSQL_VERSION 10PostgreSQL 10beta4

                               ^

The add #include <float.h> was one of the changes I added to PostGIS 2.4 to make it work on 10.

Cause in 10 they removed an include that had an include to <float.h> that we were mistakenly relying on.

Devrim,

Can you verify you are testing against this file:

http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-2.4.0beta1.tar.gz

and don't have junk left over from a prior compile.

Thanks,

Regina