[postgis-devel] GDAL and Proj versions for PostGIS 3

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sun Dec 16 23:31:29 PST 2018

By accident took reply offlist.

Proj:

Proj6 is going to be in Feb-Mar, means it may get into Ubuntu 19.04, means
we better fix proj6/postgis2.5 compatibility. I can't get it working:
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/354 - maybe there's another secret
spot to put that define to.

For using proj6 in full looks like it requires redesign in spatial_ref_sys
table, dropping it non-user part of it and relying on internal proj6
database? Looks like we have to do it since proj7 is going to drop old way.

Looks like PostGIS is going to have mandatory transitive SQLite dependency
via Proj.

GDAL:

I removed GDAL 1.11 from Travis matrix, as I can't compile it, it's end of
life and Ubuntu Xenial that has it was crossed out in raw form by requiring
GEOS 3.6. I propose we bump minimum version upon first ticket that
something does not work for GDAL 2.3 or earlier.

--
Darafei Praliaskouski
Support me: http://patreon.com/komzpa