[postgis-devel] Documentation on make check

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Dec 18 10:15:45 PST 2018

Bruce Rindahl <bruce.rindahl at gmail.com> writes:

> psql: FATAL:  permission denied to set parameter "lc_messages"
>
> Only a superuser can parameter "lc_messages" so that is where it dies.

I see, and I now understand why this has to be restricted to superuser
(because it affects system log, not just this connection).

And tests have to have output that can be matched.

So I guess we are stuck with this, unless there is some way to the
locale for this connection's messages while not changing the rest of the
system.