[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Next release after 2.5 minor series will be 3.0

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Tue Jul 10 06:11:46 PDT 2018

Hi Greg,

There's a probable misreading I'd like to correct.

September 2018: 2.5.0 released. The one that is currently beta-frozen. It's
2.5, no questions about that. (except my offer to make a release that goes
to 11).

September 2019: 2.6.0 OR 3.0 released, which is what vote about.
If it's 3.0, we're breaking things we had an itch to in September and have
at least 1 year to stabilize.
If it's 2.6, we're making only tiny features and keep pushing our minds
into learned helplessness about biggger issues for one more year.