[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.3 build not honouring pg_config flags

Pavan Deolasee pavan.deolasee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:08:26 PDT 2018

Hello All,

While building 2.3.1 sources, I noticed that the compiler options used
while building PostgreSQL are not honoured by PostGIS. I tested with the
latest HEAD of the 2.3 branch and the problem seems to occur there too.
Though the svn-trunk branch seems to handle it correctly.

It causes problem while building against Postgres-XL. We use couple of
special #defines to build XL and when those flags are not correctly passed
to PostGIS, some headers appear differently to PostGIS, leading to various
problems. In my experience, extensions typically use the information from
"pg_config" to use compatible flags, but PostGIS seems to be not doing so.

FWIW I tried putting postgis under contrib directory and also tried
building with USE_PGSX. But none of that helps.

Is this a known issue? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Pavan

--
 Pavan Deolasee                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/