[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS case usages

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Oct 30 09:49:36 PDT 2018

I haven't touched or looked at the Haskel code to be honest.
The real work is done by PostgreSQL as I understand.
I have used it a couple of times the last maybe 3 years, and I think it
has matured quite a lot. From a user perspective the documentation is
better now.
It had some issue some years ago with the garbage collector causing the
cpu to go wild without load.But since they fixed that it has just
worked.
What I really like is that it is an easy way to use multiple database
roles from an api.
We have a case where we have automated the jwt token creation and from
that we can assign resources to a user through the database role.
I am not a json or geojson fan, but when there is a need it is very
nice to have a thin middle ware.When it is setup all customization and
changes of the api is done in the db, which I like :-)
And the api gets separated from the data by publishing schemas with
only views and functions in. Never the tables.
/Nicklas