[postgis-devel] Bump GDAL and Proj versions for PostGIS 3

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 16 16:18:44 PDT 2019

Darafei tried to bribe me with virtual food.  While I'm willing to go -0 -strk we are on the same side again :)

I still feel like we should wait til PostGIS 3.1 especially since we've hit alpha.  Alpha means at least that much - no changes in requirements.

There is no reason to prevent people from compiling against older GDAL versions aide from just because we feel like it.  Whenever we've dropped GEOS or PostgreSQL versions our reason was because we wanted to get rid of some dead code.  We don't exercise GDAL enough to hit any issues with older GDAL -- maybe in 3.1.

Now Proj -- yes as Darafei mentioned we introduced some projections not support by Proj 4.8 - I'm not sure what those are exactly - maybe we can just put a note about that like we do when we allow a GEOS that will require disabling some functions.