[postgis-devel] PostgreSQL 13 - what are we to do with PostGIS 3.1

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Sep 24 09:36:39 PDT 2020

> On Sep 24, 2020, at 8:55 AM, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>
> PostgreSQL 13 just came out and we are yet to release PostGIS 3.1 or even have a beta version for PostGIS 3.1. I'd rather not rush to release and take our time a bit to make sure we have a very good release.

This sounds good... I'd like for 3.1 to support but not require GEOS 3.9. That means completing version guarding those changes that are worthy of accepting, which I think are all neatly documented in the GEOS regression document.

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TDm2aR4a7O41-soS-25Xog1EdQcjmvKCnKltxjbxOC0/edit#

The Pg13 upgrade issue is still outstanding, though I'm pretty happy with the current state of strk's branch fix

https://github.com/pramsey/postgis/tree/recover-unpackaged-tests

https://travis-ci.com/github/pramsey/postgis/builds/185252577

That can probably be merged to master.