[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Planned release for PostGIS 3.2.0alpha1 September 3 (aka August 33rd)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Aug 26 16:35:56 PDT 2021

I have the upgrade changes committed but haven't done my due diligence of
pg_upgrading.

I also have setup a PostGIS-performance project. Have it separate based on
Paul's suggestion so it's easier to test across multiple releases.
That allowed me to also try something a little different, using pgTap, as
Vicky has been nudging me for years to try.

Seems to work pretty well as it allows for specifying things like range of
time a test should take and how many iterations you want.

Project is here if you want to check it out.

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis-performance

All the tests are in pgtap folder (I have a couple for postgis proper,
topology, and tiger geocoder).  I plan to do postgis raster and
postgis_sfcgal next and if I can make sense of it, stuff a pg_upgrade test
in there somewhere.

Thanks,
Regina