[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3 and MobilityDB

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jul 11 22:19:23 PDT 2021

Esteban,

I just tested against your develop branch and it still fails at detecting my PostgreSQL version  – my comments here - https://github.com/MobilityDB/MobilityDB/pull/20#issuecomment-877973757

I think using sed and awk in a cmake project is a big NO NO.  First of all sed behaves differently across platforms and is not even available on some.  For example windows does not have sed or awk natively.

That said – you are using CMAKE use CMAKE the way it was intended.  As I mentioned in that pull request, you should follow how pgRouting detects

https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/main/CMakeLists.txt#L165

pgRouting is distributed by many distros and cloud providers and the detection logic Vicky has put in place works across all of them.

Hope that helps,

Regina