[postgis-devel] Make "master" branch also available as "main"

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jun 16 15:18:54 PDT 2021

Following up on this, as some time has passed since I did the soft
launch on GEOS, today I've done the soft launch on PostGIS as well.

What I did:

  - Make the default branch "main"
  - Turn "master" into an alias for "main"
  - Configure gitlab/github CI bots to skip building from "master"
    (it'd be a duplicated build)
  - Change CI badges in README.md (of main branch) to reference the
    "main" branch
  - Change WIKI CI badges to reference the "main" branch

The simplest way to get your local git clones to switch to the
main branch is:

  git pull && git checkout main # and stop using master...

--strk;