[postgis-devel] ERROR: operator class "brin_geography_inclusion_ops" does not exist for access method "brin"

Justin Pryzby pryzby at telsasoft.com
Sat Oct 30 03:55:59 PDT 2021

There's a separate issue where on some servers I have to DROP CASTs.

psql:postgis_upgrade.sql:438: ERROR:  cannot drop cast from geometry to geometry because extension postgis requires it"

Which I resolve well enough like so:
| < /usr/pgsql-13/share/contrib/postgis-3.1/postgis_upgrade.sql sed '/^DROP CAST/!d; s/IF EXISTS//; s/^/ALTER EXTENSION postgis /' |psql ts

I've upgraded nearly all our customers to the latest postgis, so it's not
needed just for me.  But maybe it helps you to know that some upgrade path (at
least our non-extension one) doesn't handle these right.

--
Justin