[postgis-devel] Turning spatial_ref_sys into a view to separate system vs. user entries

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 2 05:57:21 PST 2022

Hi,
> Insert/delete/update operations on spatial_ref_sys view will be
> proxied to the spatial_ref_sys_user table, for backward compatibility.

What happens if a user tries to delete from spatial_ref_sys an entry
that comes from spatial_ref_sys_postgis ? I'm asking since GDAL autotest
suite basically does "DELETE FROM spatial_ref_sys" + "INSERT INTO
spatial_ref_sys blabla" for one of its PostGIS tests (I guess we could
avoid such radical wiping out)

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com