[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Make spatial_ref_sys as a view

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Feb 8 11:28:59 PST 2022

I think that might be a solution if we decided to have a function that reads from proj library as Raul was suggesting.

I’m not sure how long that would take to refresh though if it is only done during upgrade / install.

The time might be too prohibitive for an install though.

In that model – spatial_ref_sys_postgis would be swapped out with a function that peaks into proj.db but the spatial_ref_sys_user table would still remain.