[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Give Aliaksandr Kalenik commit rights to PostGIS repo and add to the Core Contributors List

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Feb 18 21:08:22 PST 2022

I've asked Aliaksandr if he would be interested in being part of our team
and he said yes.

Over the past year he has provided a lot of contributions to PostGIS.

The numerous GiST fixes
Fixing ST_DumpPoints
The addition of one of  my new favorite functions ST_DumpSegments

And quite recently his work to fix a long standing bug
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4720

by providing a patch upstream to PostgreSQL.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHqSB9gECMENBQmpbv5rvmT3HTaORmMK
3Ukg73DsX5H7EJV7jw%40mail.gmail.com

shows quite a bit of initiative and tenacity.

If we all agree, and he officially agrees to our terms

we will add him to the

Core contributors section
https://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/postgis_introduction.html#credits_core_p
resent

and give him commit rights to the postgis repo.

I'll start with my +1

Thanks,
Regina