[postgis-devel] Weblate/Transifex status

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jan 17 16:54:37 PST 2022

> What I'm not fully comfortable with, in this scenario, is that the
translation
> MAY break building documentation (I fixed one such case recently). This
> happens becauase the message strings DO contain tags and if those tags are
> not retained in a correctly balanced way, they cannot be converted back to
> proper XML.
[Regina Obe]
It's not any worse than we had before and in fact better.  Before I would
pull just before release and then have to sort out the mess and patch and
push back.

Right now debbie's job to build the docs is a separate job from the main
one.
I haven't looked at it in a while to be honest.  But we can add to our trac
for when it fails.
I still need to patch it up to make sure it is not trying to pull from
transifex, unless you already changed that.

I think the main doc job I had build only like German and Japanese which are
the most complete and I had a separate to build all.

> I'd like changes to be tested before they are pushed to the official
> repository, which at the moment (according to
> doc/po/README) is mandated to the developer to do.

[Regina Obe]
Like I said it's no worse than we had before.  I'd rather it just break and
we fix it as it breaks.
Some of those xml issues are hard to pick up (except when weblate shows an
alarm) so will often not be caught until later.

> I'd be careful with this unless we find a way to have Weblate *test* the
> translations by actually building the localized documentation.
> At the bare minimum we want to make sure CI turn red if such event occurs.

[Regina Obe]
Yah we can make them turn read.

> At the moment Weblate will pull(merge) from master branch of official
> repository, and still push to your fork.

[Regina Obe]
I changed this already pushes to master.

> This is great, I'm just disappointed by the fact that the webhook based
setup
> will behave differently if people push to "master" or to "main", annoying
fact
> :/
>
> --strk;

Let's get rid of main.  Then no chance of people pushing to main.

Thanks,
Regina