[postgis-devel] ST_ConcaveHull in GEOS

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jan 26 09:39:09 PST 2022

Thanks all.  I’ll try to take a look at this in next couple of days and compare it to some of the tests I have done with existing ST_ConcaveHull.

And Paul to be honest with you, if you just want to put your code in PostGIS master (rip out the old for GEOS 3.11), would save me and I think  a lot of people, a lot of hassle.  Anyone who disagrees, please chime in.

I can always test the old ST_ConcaveHull on the 3.2 branch, so having yet another branch to try out is just very time consuming.

It’s probably not saving too many people any trouble either because most people are not running GEOS 3.11 so wouldn’t notice the difference.

We are like at least 8 months away from a 3.3 release, so the sooner you get it in there the better.

Thanks,

Regina