[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Get rid of micro in PostGIS Extension scripts (and comments from others)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Jul 20 04:34:12 PDT 2022

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 12:58:14PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> > > We already voted against that idea.  One reason is it doesn't work
> > > across all systems. E.g. on cloud platforms where you are not allowed
> > > to update system catalogs.
> >
> > I don't remember a vote but 3.3.0beta1 has it and master branch still has
> > it.
>
> Vote passed here -
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2022-July/029705.html
> I even begged you on irc to vote and you said you were too busy to be
> bothered.

I'm saying I don't remember a vote against the idea of
postgis_extensions_upgrade() modifying system catalog.
The link above is for a vote on a motion to release PostGIS-3.3.0beta1
but does not say anything about the specific issue.

> > Was a ticket ever filed for this problem with cloud platforms ?
> > Did anyone really confirm that issue ?
>
> I confirmed it's an issue on Amazon RDS and I assume it will be on other

So the answer is NO, there's never been any ticket complaining
about the RDS issue.

--strk;