[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.3.0alpha1 released

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri May 27 12:13:28 PDT 2022

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:43:04AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> Even though we introduced this function in 2.5, our 3.0 unraveled the
> postgis_raster from postgis extension, so the 2.5 postgis_extensions_upgrade
> doesn't know about it and wouldn't upgrade properly . I think there were
> some bugs too in the < 2.5.5 of that function that made it not usable in 3.0
> upgrade. Again my recollection, strk correct me if I misspoke.

In general, postgis_extensions_upgrade() should always be run twice,
because the first one would be the version in the old version and the
second one would be the version in the new version. Every single
version is supposedly idempotent so can be called an arbitrary number
of times w/out changing the final result (but 2 is expected to be the
minimum to be very sure the latest is run)

--strk;