[postgis-devel] Force to Update SQL Function

Bo Zhou bo at j-cube.jp
Tue Aug 8 17:54:55 PDT 2023

Hi !

I would like to ask a question on SQL function update during typical
development.

When we're working on the SQL functions in src/postgis.sql.in, sometimes
the function has to be changed, for example, append a new argument to
the function.

But when new binary was installed, extension was installed again, the
database still remembers the old function, not the new one. So that the
question is, is there any way to force to update the functions except
deleting extension and re-create it ?

I tried the function PostGIS_Extensions_Upgrade(), not work, restart
database server, not work, only drop the extensions by force and
re-install extension, but the all database tables will drop
geometry-typed column too, which is really annoying.

Thanks a lot for any advice !