[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.4.0rc3 release

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Aug 13 22:36:48 PDT 2023

The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.4.0rc3! Best Served with
PostgreSQL 16 Beta3 and GEOS 3.12.0.

This version requires PostgreSQL 12 or higher, GEOS 3.6 or higher, and Proj
6.1+. To take advantage of all features, GEOS 3.12+ is needed. To take
advantage of all SFCGAL features, SFCGAL 1.4.1+ is needed.

This will hopefully be the last rc before we release 3.4.0.

Changes since 3.4.0rc2 are as follows:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5475 Man pages now installed as part
of make install

NEWS and release notes now includes mention at the top of the new
--configure options

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5469,
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5476
Revise MAKEDIR_P install patch so it doesn't break mingw64 install

NEWS:  https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/raw/tag/3.4.0rc3/NEWS

Source:
https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-3.4.0rc3.tar.gz

PDF docs:
EN: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc3-en.pdf

JA: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc3-ja.pdf

FR: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc3-fr.pdf

Please report any issues on our ticket tracker

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis

Thanks,
PostGIS Development Team