[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.4.0rc4 release

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 14 19:37:30 PDT 2023

The PostGIS Team is pleased to release PostGIS 3.4.0rc4!

This version requires PostgreSQL 12-16, GEOS 3.6 or higher, and Proj
6.1+. To take advantage of all features, GEOS 3.12+ is needed. To take
advantage of all SFCGAL features, SFCGAL 1.4.1+ is needed.

This will hopefully be the last rc before we release 3.4.0 which I have
slated for tomorrow.
Note I can't put future dates as it would raise flags with our check news
checker which is why it's still an xx

Changes since 3.4.0rc3 are as follows:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5477 distclean target fails (No rule
to make target 'local-clean'.)

Minor adjustment to NEWS to note 12-16 instead of 12 or higher.

It's unlikely 3.4.0 will work with PG17, so better to not include
possibility of it in the notes.

NEWS:  https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/postgis/postgis/raw/tag/3.4.0rc4/NEWS

Source:
https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-3.4.0rc4.tar.gz

PDF docs:
EN: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc4-en.pdf

JA: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc4-ja.pdf

FR: https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-3.4.0rc4-fr.pdf

Please report any issues on our ticket tracker

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis

Thanks,
PostGIS Development Team