[postgis-devel] PostGIS Support Matrix

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Feb 12 23:03:23 PST 2023

> > In the PostGIS Support Matrix table (see link below), is there a
> > reason why all Yes/No values are italicized for PostGIS >=3.2 ?
>
> > In short, should any of the entries in the current table be
> > italicized, or is it a mistake/typo?
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS#PostGIS
> > SupportMatrix
>
> No.  It was a mistake.  Removed italicize
>
> Thanks for the catch,
> Regina

Wait now I remember why I had them in italics.
There are some features not exposed if you are compiling with a lower
version of PostgreSQL (the fast gist index build).
But I don't think those distinctions are too important.  We'd rather have
people using newer PostGIS
even if they have an older PostgreSQL.  That said, still better to not
bother with the italics.
For big things, we should probably go with the 1 2 footnotes.

Thanks,
Regina