[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Release notes should have only the news for that minor version

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jul 14 07:59:27 PDT 2023

Starting with PostGIS 3.4.0, I'd like to follow PostgreSQL's lead and have
our release notes
Section have only release details relevant for the major

This is just long and painful to look at:

https://postgis.net/docs/manual-3.4/en/release_notes.html

So it would be more like PostgreSQL's  -
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/release.html

So for 3.4, we'll have 3.4.0beta1 (which I'll blow out once we reach release
time).

And thence forward will be

3.4.1
3.4.0

And so on.

I'm thinking of doing the same for NEWS file, though I'm less concerned of
that file.

Thanks,
Regina