[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.4.0 beta2 in a couple of days?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jul 28 10:17:13 PDT 2023

I was hoping to get out a PostGIS 3.4.0beta2 in a couple of days.  Anyone
have issues with that.
We've fixed quite a few bugs and packaging issues since beta1 release so we
can't go straight to rc yet.

One thing I'm particularly happy about is, it seems Sandro has managed to
nail the ppc64le build and regress failures
which has been haunting us for 3  years :)

#4752, #4571, 4572 build error on ppc64le (Sandro Santilli) -
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4752  ,
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5450

We've still got a couple more issues, like this i386 gcc13 regression which
effects both
PostGIS 3.3 and PostGIS 3.4  https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5448

That one I'm hoping we'll have at least solved before 3.4.0 release time and
ideally before beta2

The other fix to get in before we call beta2 is

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5460 (geography ST_ClosestPoint and
ST_LineLocatePoint patches from MobilityDB).

Are people okay if I call a 3.4.0beta2 in next couple of days.  I'll wait
for at least #5460 to be addressed.

Thanks,
Regina