[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.4.0 beta2 in a couple of days?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jul 28 10:47:23 PDT 2023

> > One thing I'm particularly happy about is, it seems Sandro has managed
> > to nail the ppc64le build and regress failures which has been haunting
> > us for 3  years :)
>
> git correctly reflects who authored the patch and who committed it.

Bas sorry about that, I misread the notes.  Thanks for fixing that 3 year
old issue for us. Very much appreciated.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/d612282e4a112a20974706d726f8d7a01ed
3cbb8/git

> > We've still got a couple more issues, like this i386 gcc13 regression
> > which effects both PostGIS 3.3 and PostGIS 3.4
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5448
>
> Alternatively, you can decide no longer support i386 as it's not part of
CI for
> example.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Our cis still test on i386 machines, but admittedly it seems most people are
running 64-bit these days.
You know what portion of people still run on i386 architectures?

Even the raspberry pis which were the largest of the i386 I was seeing are
all switching to 64-bit.

I don't bother testing or shipping for windows 32-bit anymore since no EDB
PostgreSQL installers offered anymore for
64-bit.

Thanks,
Regina