[postgis-devel] PostGIS Dev meeting

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jun 2 20:37:01 PDT 2023

I'm thinking we should have a dev meeting sometime this month or next month
to hash out what we have left to do before a PostGIS 3.4.0 release.

If we want to release before PostgreSQL 16 that would mean probably a
release
sometime in August or September.  I think we have plenty about ready to go
before that timeframe.

We would also most definitely want to release after GEOS 3.12.0 comes out
since we have quite a few new features hinging on 3.12.0

Anyone have preference as to days and times that work for them and what days
we should avoid (e.g. vacations and such).

Any day  06 UTC ( 2 AM my time) ironically is the best time that works for
me and I think everyone else can make, but I suspect Paul is asleep at that
time (11 PM his time).

Next best time for me (that I think can work for others) are any Mondays at
16 UTC.
For Mondays I generally don't have any meetings after 10 AM my time.  The
rest of the days are iffier.

So I'm going to throw out Monday Jun 26th 16UTC for starters

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230626T160000&p1
=43&p2=1091&p3=215&p4=285&p5=141

Thanks,
Regina