[postgis-devel] PostGIS Development meeting June 19th 2023 3PM UTC

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 14 19:16:43 PDT 2023

I’ve been eyeing bookworm for a long time. Ah it’s available now :)

Damn wish it was out when I was building out demo.postgis.net.  I’ll do a dist upgrade on that first and see what pieces are useful.  Main thing would be a newer GDAL.

Take your time.  No rush.  I’m planning to build a bookworm image soon for next generation osgeo servers.  When I do I can check out all the pieces we need.

The rasberries are already building against main branch of GEOS and using that for PostGIS testing and that’s the main piece I wanted iron proof on arm systems.

The benefit of upgrading to bookworm would be maybe catching issues with newer GCC.