[postgis-devel] Proj GUCs

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 22 11:44:11 PDT 2023

> > I don't think that's necessary.  To me it's useful for debugging user
> > issues.
>
> I didn't mean to suggest it was necessary.
>
> > We already have in our reporting bug instructions
> >
> > Do
> >
> > SELECT postgis_full_version();
> >
> > Now that returns something like Below.  I was expecting you to
> > complain about how long and painful this output is or is that why you
want
> json?
> >
> > POSTGIS="3.4.0dev 3.3.0rc2-996-g38d752255" [EXTENSION] PGSQL="160"
> > GEOS="3.12.0dev-CAPI-1.18.0" SFCGAL="SFCGAL 1.4.1, CGAL 5.3, BOOST
> 1.78.0"
> > PROJ="8.2.1 NETWORK_ENABLED=OFF
> URL_ENDPOINT=https://cdn.proj.org
> > USER_WRITABLE_DIRECTORY=C:\Users\robe\AppData\Local/proj
> > DATABASE_PATH=C:\ming64gcc81\projects\proj\rel-proj-
> 8.2.1w64gcc81/shar
> > e/proj /proj.db" LIBXML="2.9.14" LIBJSON="0.12" LIBPROTOBUF="1.2.1"
> > WAGYU="0.5.0 (Internal)"
>
> That doesn't seem problematic in practice.   I was only pointing out
> that it was blurring version and config.  That can be resolved by having
the
> doc for postgis_full_version say that it also returns config

That reminds me, in the docs, we do have output of this function and the
proj_version thing pramsey changed.

Guess we should update it to reflect what it shows if we are going to change
it, but I do see your
point now that the other items are all version stuff and this would be the
first
that we are sneaking in non-version information.

Strk, pramsey -- are you offended by the misnomer here?
Now that Greg mentioned it, it does bother me a little, but I do like the
single function that tells me
everything I care to know about someone's PostGIS setup.

But if we go the path of having *_config functions
might as well make it json to separate it out a bit.

Thanks,
Regina