[postgis-devel] Shp2pgsql-gui

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed May 24 14:42:14 PDT 2023

I still package it as part of the windows bundle.

However I really want to build a plugin in pgAdmin that would use the shp2pgsql commandline and build a similar ui around it.  Such a plugin could be further refined to wrap ogr2ogr too.

But I’ve been too lazy to learn react and I was hoping we’d have some GSOC interest to do it to force me to get engaged, but that sadly hasn’t happened either.

FWIW I don’t use shp2pgsql-gui much anymore since it no longer hooks into pgAdmin.  I just do all my work with ogr_fdw foreign data wrapper.  Nicer in many ways.

QGIS DbAdmin is also nice, but QGIS is too heavy for my needs so I rarely open it up.