[postgis-devel] DMARC/DKIM mitigation on maling lists

'Sandro Santilli' strk at kbt.io
Wed Nov 8 02:21:30 PST 2023

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 09:43:44AM +0200, 'Sandro Santilli' via postgis-devel wrote:

> I like discussing before voting, let's have a test with postgis-tickets
> and maybe we'll extend the test to other list ?
>
> Ideally someone using DKIM/DMARC to send mail will be able to evaluate
> effects of that change.

We made the test and it was successful.
The DKIM signatures of senders were not ruined by taking the steps
described here:

  https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3011#comment:23

How do the subscribers of this list feel about taking those steps
for this list ? The consequence would be:

  1. No more [postgis-devel] suffix in the Subject
  2. No more footer in each message
  3. Always have From/Reply-To/Sender headers

If you use subject-based filters to organize your email you could
update them to use the List-Id header instead, which contains
(already) this string:

   PostGIS Development Discussion <postgis-devel.lists.osgeo.org>

--strk;