[postgis-devel] DMARC/DKIM mitigation on maling lists

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 26 05:08:45 PDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 05:40:15PM -0400, Regina Obe via postgis-devel wrote:

> I guess in that vein, I can sacrifice my need to see PostGIS in the subject
> line.

Ok, this is now live for postgis-tickets. I had to:

  1. Set "Replace the From" to "no"
     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/admin/postgis-tickets/general

  2. Disable "Reply-to" munging
     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/admin/postgis-tickets/general

  3. Remove footer from the non-digest options
     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/admin/postgis-tickets/nondigest

You can see the subsequente differences from the archive:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-tickets/2023-October/date.html

It's to be noted that for "postgis-tickets" the Subject prefixes are
from the authors ([SCM] from the git hook, [PostGIS] from trac).

I'd be ok with doing the same on postgis-devel but maybe we first
test it on the SAC mailing list so we have can do more testing before
giving advice as per https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3011

--strk;

  Libre GIS consultant/developer
  https://strk.kbt.io/services.html