[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Drop support for GEOS 3.7 in PostGIS 3.5.0

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 31 15:59:58 PDT 2023

> Sure. 3.8 will be 6 years old when the next PostGIS release comes out (and the
> next release will mostly be used against GEOS 3.13, so…) Fine w/ me.

I love your optimism.  I think it's more likely most will be running 3.12 with PostGIS 3.5.0.

Hey but you can sway toward the 3.13, if you get out GEOS 3.13 before Debian 13 comes out.  Bas - have any thoughts when we'll be seeing Trixie.
She's my favorite toy story character.

Also if you get out before Ubuntu 24.04 (which I think is still 2 years out).

Thanks,
Regina