Long transactions

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Apr 20 22:00:16 PDT 2024

> How do we feel about removing the “long transaction” code?
>
>   doc/reference_transaction.xml
>   extras/WFS_locks
>   postgis/long_xact.sql.in
>   postgis/uninstall_long_xact.sql.in
>   regress/core/long_xact.sql
>
> It was originally written in hopes that WFS services might use them so that it
> would be possible to have shared lock management in the database, but that
> never actually happened. So it’s been fallow for going on 20 years.
>
> ???
>
> P=
Sandro and I were discussing this a couple of days ago, that we'll need something like that for topology locking,
But I think you are probably right given know one has looked at that piece of code in 20 years, would be better to start from scratch
anyway if we need such a thing.  So I'm okay with you ripping it out.

Sandro - any thoughts on the matter?