OSGeo Discourse - Mirroring of the mailing lists and eventual move to discourse

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Jan 1 11:36:32 PST 2024

[ postgis-users removed to avoid cross-posting ]

On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 11:41:37AM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> Eventually we'd like to move the mailing lists to discourse.

Who's "we" in this case ?
Personally I don't know Discourse enough to take a decision now
about whether or not it's better or worse than Mailman.

What I saw so far is that the emails coming to me via Discourse
are badly formatted so right now I prefer Mailman:

    https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3073

Also, I think this should be discussed in postgis-devel before
alarming people in postgis-users.

--strk;