ST_DFullyWithin

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 11:57:22 PST 2024

Another reason for keeping the meaning "ST_DFullyWithin(A, B) =
ST_Covers(ST_Buffer(A, Dist), B)":

I see the main use of this function in queries to be "find all the B
features which are fully within distance D of an A feature".  So the A
feature is the *constant* "query item", and it is evaluated against a set
of B features.  It seems more intuitive for the constant feature to be the
first argument in functions.

PS note the definition needs to use Covers rather than Contains, due to
that ol' quirky definition of Contains!