XML Parsing Breakage in RHEL and derivatives

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Jan 26 09:50:52 PST 2024

FYI, these issues

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/-/issues/535
https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2024:0119

are causing our XML parser to break. The RHEL security fix is rapidly spreading out into production systems (security!) so our code is starting to break.

I think I’m going to have to do a somewhat large invasive change to move us to using the SAX2 parser, which will involve a pretty large patch back into stable releases. Just a forewarning. I’ll also want to push out a patch release relatively quickly.

P.