Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proposal: st_remove_irrelevant_points_for_view() and st_remove_small_geometries()

Sam Peters gluser1357 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 28 13:07:04 PDT 2024

Thank you for your feedback! After some workarounds (we had docbook5-xsl already installed, but needed also configuring --without-raster, using a local copy of the files in http://cdn.docbook.org/release/xsl/current/ and skipping some of the existing SQL-based tests) I finally got 'make docs' and 'make check' working for me :-)

Today I created two new branches on my Postgis master fork on Github, and for each of them a new OsGeo ticket as enhancement. Please refer to

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5705 - ST_RemoveIrrelevantPointsForView()
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5706 - ST_RemoveSmallParts()

I tested both new functions with a lot of real data. I also added some SQL-based tests cases (/regress/core) and doc files (/doc) with explaining graphics. I hope that I didn't make silly mistakes while publishing on Github (it is the first contribution to Postgis). So if there is something missing or improvable let me know.

I'd be glad if you can review both functions - and even more if they can make it into Postgis :-)

Sam