[postgis-users] Accessing PostGIS from ArcView

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Fri Aug 16 07:04:03 PDT 2002

Hi

Since a time I try to implemet Armin Burger's avpgcon for ArcView UNIX
(tru64). But I'm not successful. When I change the avenue code to

libpgDLL = DLL.Make ("/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so".AsFileName)
pgCon = pgDbLoginProc.Call({pghost,pgport,pgoptions,pgtty,dbName,login,pwd})

after executing the second line ArcView responses with "segmentation
violation". Does anyone outside know, if it is possible to use gcc created
shared libraries as DLL and how to to this??

Regards
Horst